Friday, July 9, 2010

First Half Check Up

The biggest challenge for me so far in this class has been doing the reading and being able to transfer what I have read into my work. Reading is not something I feel like I am good at and something I do not do often. There are some readings that I can remember and write about it right away but most of the time I have to.
The most successful part of the class for me right now I being able to stay on top of my work. In most of my classes that are online you have all your work due on one night. So I really have to make sure that I constantly look at the assignment folder.
I think the reading in the class are very interesting and powerful. I was a little skeptical at first about them being about war. I have found the reading very interesting and have given me a completely different view on soldiers. They go through a lot in a time of war and have a lot of emotional ups and downs.
Literary analysis is a lot different from other writing I have done in college because it is more in depth. The other writings are either research papers or simply writing about something I read from more of a summary standpoint. I think that literary analysis will help my other writing because I will be able to give a more in depth response readings.
My goal for the second half is to finish strong. I want to be able to turn in better work because I am used to the formats and I know how all the assignments work. I think this will help in finishing strong. I also want to keep improving my essays. I think being more familiar with literary analysis will help.

For information about literary analysis:http://www.goshen.edu/english/litanalysis.html

No comments:

Post a Comment